Sunday, October 13, 2013

IT BEGINS WITH YOUR NAME


It Begins With Your Name  

by Chrissy Larson


A name is not just a name. It has significant meaning. If you don't believe me, look up both your first and middle names to find out the meaning and I bet you'll be surprised at what you learn. 

Often times, a name hints at the era people were born in. For example, Constance, Edwina, and Hortense were popular at the turn of the century, while Peace, Spirit, and Willow might tell us the person is a flower child from the 1970's. 

I was born in the late 50's and it was quite common to name your children after relatives, especially parents or grandparents. In my case, Christine, which means Christ-bearer, is not an inherited name. In fact, I am the first Christine in my family line. My parents picked this name purely for religious reasons and I'm grateful they did. 

My middle name is Rose, which means flower. Rose is my mother's middle name, as well as, my Grandmother's first name.

Although my first and middle names have separate meanings, my parents wanted to use both my names together, to make a statement of their own. They wanted my name to be a reminder of the cross... Christ Rose from the dead. I humbly pray my life reflects the powerful meanings behind my name.

Whether your parents were Christians and prayed about your name before you were thoughtfully labeled, or they merely thought your name was cool, trending at the time you were born, I believe God's hand was divinely upon them as they considered each name. 

The truth is, your name is what breaks the chain on the gate. You have a destiny to fulfill, the call of God is on your life, and it begins with your name!

Question of the week: I dare you to look up the meanings of your first and middle names in either a book of names or on the Internet. Are you surprised? 

Please explain the significance.

For name meanings, try www.meaning-of-names.com




No comments: