Friday, February 12, 2010

MY HEART YEARNS FOR MORE

Who taught you how to love or did it come naturally? Sometimes I wish there was a class I could attend or better yet, send someone else to, that would teach me/them how to love better. Wouldn't it be great if just like traffic school, there existed a required course for emotional offenders arrested for breaking the laws of the heart?

From my earliest recollections, I was encouraged to show love and forgive wrongs; my siblings gave me plenty of opportunities. As I became more social, deep friendships taught me a lot about being true, trust, and the risks associated with handing my heart over to others.

I didn't take much time for me to hand my heart over to a boy that sat near me in middle school. I was convinced his feelings were mutual and that one day, he would marry me, only to find out he never shared my fantasy.

Almost all of my high school years were spent living out someone else's fantasy . . . I dated one guy who tied up every bit of my wonder years. Then one day, I woke up and said I had enough, but it was too late to recapture what was now in my rear view mirror.

Ahh, the lessons taught from that little piece of reflective 3X8 piece of glass! If I don't learn from the mistakes of my past, then those segments of life have wasted potential. Surely I could somehow use this dung pile for fertilizer.

But I serve a God who knows me inside and out and holds my destiny in the palm of His hand. His purposes for me are true and I was created to give Him glory. He specializes in turning my mourning into dancing; turning my sorrow into joy; giving me beauty for ashes. He gives me His praise for my pain. How can I deny such a love?

Oh, to have someone who knows you this way - what a gift! It makes my feet look for a dance floor; urges me to welcome the dawn of a new day; opens my nostrils to fragrances
I've never known and causes my weary heart to sing again.

I've learned so much from this academy and fear I am a life-long student. I have relinquished a license to love and be loved my way, only to attempt mastering the subject on His terms. Real love is awakened and now my heart yearns for more!

Cyberpsalmist


3 comments:

Tinman said...

After enduring the hurt so often afflicted upon our hearts I consider it a miracle healing when a love that is real comes along and begins the mending process.

Now I am enjoying the mending process that this new love has begun on me. I feel my heart getting stronger everyday, wounds are healing and life is flowing through it once again.

How do I ever repay the healer of my heart but to give them ownership of it. It belongs to you my healer, my offering to you.

Joni Bifano (Mom) said...

WOW How beautiful and HOW TRUE!. The more you KNOW HIM the more you know what REAL LOVE REALLY is. I LOVE YOU, mom

Cyberpsalmist said...

Mom, it's been a while since i wrote this but I still agree with every word I wrote. Thank you for teaching me how to love!