Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DARK, BUT LOVELY

I stood there for what seemed like forever, looking up at the glowing wonder in the evening sky... silvery blue, with a aura of mystery that surrounded its clean-cut edges. The words came off my tongue instantly as if I had no control of them...

"God, how is it that you can take something with such an ugly, desolate surface and use it to reflect pure light and beauty?"

I have gazed upon this lunar body a thousand times, but never in this frame of mind; His majesty and glory had overtaken me and I was stunned by it. Who in heaven can hang a lantern like that, allowing a soft glow to cover a sometimes brutal existence, but God. Who else can light our darkened paths with His still, small whisper of illumination?

I stand in awe of Him and the magnificence He gave us in the heavens, a reminder to a weary people that we too, are dark, yet lovely.

"I am dark, but lovely, like the daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon. "

Song of Solomon 1:5

For your listening pleasure, please go this link and let the words of this song sink deep.

http://www.myspace.com/sarahedwardsihop

CyberPsalmist

2 comments:

Tinman said...

Yes I am dark, very dark and a past that has been darken as well. In todays vernacular I believe they use the term "Bad Boy".
I don't worry about how I see myself or how others may view me or accept me now. I know how He sees me, I have been cleansed by "The Blood" and now He sees me "White As Snow". I am pure, spotless, with out blemish because of my cleansing, He scrubbed me good.
I may see dark but He sees white and He uses me to reflect His love.

Cyberpsalmist said...

Tinman,

I agree with you 100% - the way He sees us and the way others see us is often times contrary and opposite. The Lord declares we are lovely. Sadly, people around us may fail to affirm us, appreciate us or encourage us, even those closest to us, but the Lord always speaks love over us; and that is what counts. As Song of Songs 2:4 says, His banner over me is love. I hope you find the song link a blessing!