Thursday, July 17, 2008

Walk, America!

I filled my car up with gas today. The little window asked me if I wanted a copy of the receipt. It took me a second to decide as I am an avid scrapbook junkie and was thinking about saving it as a memento. One day in the future, I'll either laugh or cry at what prices USED to be. Can you imagine it getting any worse? It could.

Looking back at some old photos the other day, I saw a picture of an old-fashioned gas pump with a hard-working but happy gentleman next to it. True, he "worked hard for the money" honey, but the photo revealed the price for liquid gold back then and it was only a whopping 27 cents per gallon! I wish I had a copy of that receipt.

My daughter asked me what was wrong when I walked in the door today and I showed her my receipt for $93.14 after I had filled up my fuel efficient mini-van. That might last a week. Only then was she able to justify the mood I was in.

I announced we were going to be taking more walks from now on. If you think about it, I bet you could think of at least two places to walk instead of taking the car. My list includes
Blockbuster, CVS, the bank, and even my doctors office. Granted, I will not always be walking, but when I can, I WILL. It's my way of
getting back at somebody for this madness. (I'm not really sure who's to blame or where to aim my anger.) Besides, who couldn't
use the exercise.

SO, GET OUT OF YOUR CARS AND WALK, AMERICA!
Maybe I'll start a new movement.
What do you think?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you decide to do a scrabook page around that gas receipt, I want to see it! LOL!

Blackbeltmama said...

Sounds like a good plan to me!